Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life is to short to be anything but happy.

Last night I came to a conclusion... I was definitely over reacting. I think I was just upset (and a bit sad) that even though my husband in home in the States, I'm not getting to see or talk to him. I just miss him. He plays such a huge role in my life. But like I said, I over reacted. I know he has a busy schedule and I know he has a lot going on in his life... sooner or later this hectic life that we live will eventually calm down.

Oh! I forgot to mention yesterday that my sister is in town and is staying with me for a couple of weeks. Most people would be very excited about seeing their sibling that they haven't seen in 6 months but I was actually dreading her visit. Our personalities have always just seemed to clash... so these next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.

My day today is looking pretty bleh, to say the least. I woke up around 8:30 to the sound of my sister in the kitchen making all sorts of noises. I came out of my bedroom to find my kitchen a complete mess! Lord knows what all she cooked... I just settled for a bowl of Honey Comb (did you know they're gonna stop making that? Apparently POST went out of business... so sad). After breakfast, my sister rushed out the door to go do who knows what, while leaving her huge mess for me to clean up. I feel like I'm taking care of a 2 year old when she's here. Even Kalie and Madelyn know how to clean up after themselves... maybe they should give Makenna some lessons on that.. Then I walked out to the back room where we keep Annie and Polo and they had destroyed their area and pooped and peed EVERYWHERE... I wasn't happy. Anyways, I'll be on the job search for the day. Then after that, I'll probably just come home and clean and curl up with some popcorn and a good movie.

Despite waking up to a messy house, 2 dogs who are just may be turned into hot-dogs, and an older sister who acts like a 3 year old, I'm actually in a pretty good mood this morning. I've decided that life is way to short to be anything but happy. There will always be things in life that bother us and makes us sad but if we dwell on those things, then we're gonna spend our whole life being miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment