Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pity Party time!

I'm throwing myself a pity party tonight! WOOHOO!!! Nothin' like Sweet Home Alabama, The Notebook, Message In A Bottle, and Pirates of the Caribbean (I've got a jar of dirt... I've got a jar of dirt!). I've got my movies going and for my dinner I have some chocolate cheesecake, cheddar cheese popcorn, slim jims, and sugar cookies! If it weren't for my super amazingly fast metabolism, i'd be the size of an 18-wheeler.

Hm so why the pity party? Because Adam is being a royal pain in the ass and I am beyond stressed from work and school and I just need a night to let loose and relax! Psh who needs alochol when I've got cheesecake! Ok... maybe a beer or two wouldn't hurt (;

Adam's life has recently gotten really stressful again, so I know exactly what that means: He will become distant and my guess is he'll probably run... again. But ya know what? I'm not gonna worry about it. I have way to much to stress over. I'll give him his space and I'll be patient with him and then hopefully things will continue to work out.

My birthday pretty much sucked. It was horrible. I cleaned the house then ate left-over pasta. However, the next day was my mothers birthday and so we went out and celebrated both of our days together. I always felt that having my moms and my birthday just a day apart made us a lot closer. We have always celebrated together which makes for some pretty interesting parties.

Oh! Some exciting news! I was asked the other day if I would be willing to speak on November 6th about my experience of being adopted. Ok... I'm sure you're like "big whoop! Who gives a flying fig?!" Well to me, it's extremely amazing. For years now, I've been speaking out, working on a book, and a website all about adoption and helping those who are adopted, adopted a child, and/or put a child up for adoption deal with the daily struggles. I guess you could say that it's been sort of a mission for me. I've never done anything local, so when this lady called me and asked me to speak at a local church I couldn't have been happier! Apparently it's supposed to be this huge event and hundreds of people are going to be there. I'll be one of 3 different speakers. One of the speakers is a woman who put her son up for adoption, the second being the mother and father of adopted twins, and then me the adopted child.

It's so hard to believe that there is just one more day of September left. I can't help but think that this year has gone by so fast! As much as I hate to wish time away, I wont really be crying a river when the year actually ends. I just pray to God that next year wont be as eventful as this year has been lol.

I've noticed today, that I am EXTREMELY sore from my surgery. I've been doing ok lately, but today my neck has really been bothering me. I'm a little worried about it so I think I may go to the doctor tomorrow just to have them check it out. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I had some more issues with my dumb ass neighbors today and finally, when they were both together, I said to them both "Look y'all, we're neighbors. We don't have to like each other but we do have to live next to each other. I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine. I am beyond tired of being targeted from both of y'all and frankly? It's getting old." I just walked away after that. I'm not going to deal with their crap anymore. I have better things to stress over lol.

I'm debating on rather or not I want to go back to MilSpouse or not... I've been away from the site for a couple of months now, and I really miss having everyone there to talk too. But at the same time, I feel like I don't belong because of all the issues going on with me and Adam.... It's just a website I know, but I'd rather not be some place where I'm not wanted. So I'm not exactly sure what I'll do.

Well I reckon I'm gonna continue to pig out and watch my movies. I hope everyone has a wonderful night and enjoy the last day of September tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment