Friday, September 23, 2011

Thyroids and tiramisu

Ugh. I am in so much pain right now that it's not even funny... although not sure how any pain could be funny? 5 days ago I had to go through with my Thyroidectomy. Up until the day of surgery, I blocked out that I was even having it done. I knew that if I thought about it, chances were that I wouldn't have even shown up. I'm such a wimp, I know. Luckily they only did a partial Thyroidectomy, so I still have some of my thyroid. The day before surgery SUCKED! Because I was being put to sleep, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything. I'm normally a pig and eat everything in sight, so this was a very hard task for me. The surgery lasted about 45 minutes and the very moment I woke up, I was hurting so much. My surgeon cut about a 4 inch incision at the base of my neck, tied off the blood supply to my gland, then the surgeon separated the trachea from the thyroid, and removed part of the thyroid gland. Sounds like fun eh? Ya a real blast. 2 days later I was able to go home. My doctor said it will take about 1-2 weeks before I feel completely back to normal, and for now I'm just supposed to take it easy. I actually have an excuse to be lazy now!

My birth mother came by a few hours ago to drop off some food and surprise me with a little birthday present. Tomorrow I'm just gonna sleep all day, and then Sunday when Adam gets back from his moms, he's gonna come see me (seeing him was the only thing I wanted for my birthday, so I'm really happy).

Let me just say, I HATE my neighbor. She banged on my door right before I sat down to blog and told me to do a better job at keeping my lawn mowed. Really?! I wanted to strangle her. Ya ok lady, I'd like to see you mow your lawn after surgery and when you can't, I'll come bang on your door and get on your case you old slut. Gah! I've been having nothing but trouble with that lady. I have to laugh though... this lady is probably in her late 50's to early 60's and isn't married, YET she constantly brags about the 4 different boyfriends she has... ya ok like that's really something to brag about. She isn't even the slightest bit attractive. Adam and I figure she has that many men because she just puts out. YUCK! I'd rather go through surgery again then have that horrid mental picture in my head. It's not just that neighbor that I can't stand. A bit ago, I walked out to get my mail and figured I'd be nice and bring my other neighbor her mail since she is in her 80's and has a hard time getting around. What happens then? She bitches at me! She said I needed to stop snooping around in her mail. Riiiight like I'm sure some 80 year old has some deep personal letter in there... not to mention that I don't even like reading my own mail, so why would I read some one elses? So not going to be nice to that old bat anymore.

Monday my family and I are going to drive up to Knoxville to eat at our favorite Italian restaurant: Altruda's. Not sure how I'll be feeling Monday, but no matter the pain, you can't keep me from going to Altruda's. If you haven't been, it's this AMAZING place that has the best Italian food you'll ever eat. It's been owned by this man Paul for over 30 years and he knows a majority of his customers by name. It's quiet comfortable, great food, great service, and has wonderful tiramisu... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

I'm getting really tired right now, so I'm thinking it's time for a nap. I hate being lazy and tired, but I guess that's what surgery will do to ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment