Thursday, October 27, 2011

Worms, Hair loss, and Halloween.

Ya, I'm totally slacking on blogging... but time just seems to be getting away from lately. School, work, Adam, and the girls seem to be getting ALL my attention lately. I've seriously forgotten the meaning of the word 'relaxation' so if anyone cares to share what it is, I'd love to know.

I say that Adam and the girls have gotten a lot of my attention lately, and it probably sounded like it was a bad thing, but trust me... it's not. Last week I actually spent 5 nights in a row with Adam and the girls, which may not seem like a lot for someone who is married, but since Adam and I have 'split' it was a pretty big deal. I know he has A LOT going on his life (I sware that man has more going on in his life than the President), so for me to see him so much in a week really made me feel great. This past Saturday night, I was at my house watching the UT vs. Bama game when he calls me. He says that Madelyn has worms and he needs me to stay at his house and watch Kalie while he takes Mady to the hospital. Worms?! Excuse my French, but what the hell? I was literally going 90mph driving to his house.... made every green light and didn't pass a single cop either (SCORE!). Turns out, Madelyn had a pinnworm, which the doctor said was pretty common for children to get, and that it wasn't to serious... a simple pill cleared it right up. But what Adam and I couldn't figure out, was how Mady got the worm out of the toilet to show him... I cringe thinking about her actually sticking her hand in the toilet bowl to get it out.

School is going pretty... well as good as can be expected. I realize that I'm a much better college student, than I ever was in high school though. My ADD and my other many learning disabilities have been giving me some trouble lately but I still refuse to go on any sort of medication. Does that make me sound crazy? I was on a couple of medications back in middle school but I hated the way they made me feel and as stupid as it may seem, I felt like I was only making good grades because of the pills. They're supposed to make you concentrate better, but they never did for me. So I guess I'll work through it and try and push on.

My hair is STILL falling out, and I'm almost 100% positive that it's because of the depo birth control shot I've been on for the past 7 months. I go back to get my next shot on November 3rd and I'm definitely going to speak to my doctor about this. I've lost over 1/3 of my hair and every time I run my hand through my hair, and especially when I take showers, I pull out huge clumps of hair. I've spent many hours crying over this... I know lots of people have hair loss, but every strand that falls out, reminds me of a couple of years ago when I was battling breast cancer and I lost all my hair. Just a horrible memory with every piece that comes out so something needs to be done SOON.

Tennessee weather needs to make up its mind so I can either put up my summer clothing or my fall clothing. One day it's 78 degrees, and the next it's barely hitting 50. No wonder I keep getting headaches! All the pressure changes in the atmosphere is about to make me go crazy.... ya... to late for that (;

So I'll end my blog with a question for you all: Although Halloween falls on a Monday this year, some people are going to trick-or-treat on Saturday, but most REFUSE to go on Sunday because it's well... a church going day. I personally find this ridiculous, but that's just me. So how do you all feel about celebrating Halloween festivities on a Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment